Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The best thing on Glee is the Warblers

I've become O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D- with Darren Criss and the Warblers. Their infectious harmonies and sychronized dance moves are a lethal dose of ZOMG. I haven't been this crazed since I read Twilight and joined Team Jacob. It's disturbing and I hate myself a little for it....

It began as a slow simmer, I was first introduced to the Warblers and Darren Criss as I was steaming up the car windows with Jenny Lee. It's not what you think. We were parked outside her condo, huddled around my iPhone to catch up on our Glee Season 2, piping the sound through my  Mini Coopers speakers.



Since then, they've never failed to disappoint. It's built to a fevered pitch from their rendition of Bills Bills Bills.



I can't get enough.. and it seems I won't have to. Announced yesterday Darren Criss and the Warblers will be putting out their own Glee album with songs they've performed on the show, and unreleased content. Sign. Me. Up.

The Warblers are voiced by the real-life Tufts University a capella group called The Beelzebubs

Here is their version of Bills from 2009. Isn't it interesting that the Version they voiced on Glee has almost 2 million views and their version only has 38k views? That's the power of branding.



A fan filming the performance at one of their shows: Worth a watch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59z_bXKuv9E

It's true, they aren't as slick, well clothed or as choreographed as the Warblers but they certainly have charisma. I love how genuine they are.

1 comment:

  1. DARREN CRISS AND THE WARBLERS ARE AWWEEEESSOOOOOMEE!

    The original soloist is good, but I do prefer Darren. His moves are smoooooth. I'm sure he has the benefit of studio and pre-recording.

    ReplyDelete