Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
The Transparent Layer:
I'm going to make this for my family this weekend. All I need is a costume for a toothless streetside hawker.
10 Pandan Leaves. Found fresh, or frozen.
A few drops Green food colouring (optional)
1/2 tsp Alkaline Water (kan sui) pottassium carbonate & sodium bicarbonate solution(kan sui) Salt water or Kan sui, lye water. Milk.
- or if you have it.. use pandan paste instead of everything above!
250ml extra Water
65g Green Bean Flour
* To obtain pandan juice, chop the pandan leaves and blend them in an electric blender with 250ml water.
* Use a muslin cloth to squeeze out the juice then mix with the green colouring and alkaline water (or milk)
* Pour the pandan juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
* Blend green bean flour with the extra cup of water into a smooth batter and add to the boiling pandan juice, stirring all the time until the mixture is transparent and thick. May be shiny.
* Remove immediately from the heat. DO NOT OVER COOK.
* Place a cendol frame, potato ricer, or dotted ladle over a basin half-filled with ice-cold water. The recommended distance between the wooden cendol-maker frame and the surface of the water should be 15 cm. This distance will prevent the cendol strands from becoming too long basin filled with iced water
* Press the cooked mixture through the holes to form little droplets of cendol.
* Leave the cendol to set in the ice water till firm for eight minutes. Add more ice cubes to the water to set the cendol faster.
* Rinse cendol strands to prevent the cendol strands from sticking to each other
* Drain in a colander and refrigerate till ready to use.
GULA MELAKA (PALM SUGAR)
350g Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)
100g Castor Sugar
3 Screwpine Leaves (Pandan leaves)
Boil palm sugar, sugar, water and Pandan until both sugars have dissolved completely. Strain and allow to cool completely.
+ Canned Coconut Milk
1. Add the desired amount of Cendol into serving bowls
2. Add some crushed ice and pour on some coconut milk.
3. Add 1 tablespoon palm sugar syrup or to taste.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Lines 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in Fig. 42 indicate where the material is to be placed for various operations, as follows:
The names and uses of the principal parts of the ruffler are as follows, see Fig. 42:
To make fine gathering, shorten the stroke of the ruffling blade by turning the adjusting screw (C) upward; also shorten the stitch. To make full gathering, lengthen the stroke of the ruffling blade by turning the adjusting screw (C) downward; also lengthen the stitch. By varying these adjustments, many pleasing varieties of work can be accomplished
Place the garment to which the ruffle is to be attached under the separator blade, following the line 1 (Fig. 42). Place the material for thefacing over the upper blue blade, as shown
in Fig. 45, following the line 3 (Fig. 42). The facing may be straight or bias material. If thefacing is to be on the right side of the garment, place the garment and the ruffle so that the wrong sides are together. If the facing is to be on the wrong side, place the right sides of the garment and the ruffle together.
the small slot indicated by the star on the adjusting lever. This should be done at the points where you wish to make the space between the plaits. The ruffler will then stop and plain stitching will be made. When the desired space has been made, adjust the lever (E) so that the projection (D) enters either the slot marked "6" or the slot marked "12". By alternately making groups of plaits and plain spaces, as shown in Fig. 48, very attractive work can be produced.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
- Bella is 17. Dark long hair. Pale translucent skin with no blemishes (bitch).
- Bella's mother leaves her father a few months after she was born.
- She's spent the first 14 summers in Forks, so is fairly familiar with the town.
- Charlie bought her a faded red 1984 Chevy as a welcoming present. It's a sturdy beast but she loves it.
- Forks High School has 358 students including Bella.
- Rosalie described as gentle waving blonde hair to the middle of her back with a killer figure.
- Alice described as short, pixie-like with deep black cropped hair going in all directions. Graceful like a dancer.
- Emmett is described as being built like a serious weight lifter with dark curly hair.
- Jasper is described as being taller than Emmette, lean, muscle with honey blonde hair.
- Edward is described as lanky with untidy bronze colored hair.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Life eventually went back to normal. Since seeing Eclipse, I've decided to slowly read the series again and document the chapters as I go. Please follow along with me, chapter by chapter and provide your thoughts...