Friday, April 23, 2010

Jenny loves me.


Jenny loves me this I know, coz this cake, tells me so.

So it was my 31st Birthday, and Jenny knows I love two things.. Hello Kitty and Strawberries... and what does she do? She goes to my etsy page and buys me this ridiculously cool handmade cake stand and then has a friend make me this wicked fondant Hello Kitty Cake, complete with Starburst strawberries. ZOMG totally in love. The bottom cake was a delicious raspberry ginger. Now I'm not much into raspberries. I find them to be the red-headed stepchild of berries, with Strawberry being the adored overachieving first born (Its in everything.. from glee club to waffles), and blueberry being the beloved anti-oxidant baby of the family... but this cake made me speechless.

I ate it for breakfast a few times. The top layer was a delicious chocolate and mint cake, Yum, but overshadowed by the raspberry ginger bottom layer.

Yes it broke my heart to cut it but my tummy was thankful in the end.






No comments:

Post a Comment